Many awesome Television series are filmed in Halifax every year. But most are closed sets, not open for the public to partake and understandably so. The Candy Show is a National Television series that does not go by the standard rules. In fact, filming a large portion of the hit National TV series is done in front of a live studio audience. This variety TV show is just that, a Variety TV show. Hosted by Creator/ Writer/ Comedian Candy Palmater each episode begins with Comedy monologue plus a Music Guest and a Performing Artist.
The day time filming is a closed set, however, in the evening we open the doors to those who are 19+ and invite you into the house. Door time is 6:10 – 6:50 pm so you MUST be in the door to the studio during this time to ensure you get a spot in the audience. FOR TICKETS CLICK HERE. We film 2 episodes each night except for Wednesday April 30th where we film only one. 13 episodes, 26 guests, 7 nights of taping. Ticket price is ONE non-perishable food item for Feed NS bins that are on site. Bring the food with you please.
There is a bar and merchandise on site, so bring cash. During the break , we feed our audience some sandwiches – free.
REQUEST YOUR TICKETS HERE. Simply check the dates and the guests you want to see below and email. It’s that easy.
APRIL 24, 2014 filming day:
HOST/ WRITER/ COMEDIAN/: Candy Palmater - funny female comedian/ monologue every episode brand new material.
– Derric Starlight – Puppeteer Performer
– Erin Costelo - singer/ songwriter
– Hubert Francis – Singer/ songwriter
– Brondon Gold – Circus Performer
APRIL 25, 2014 filming day:
- Gerry “Big Bear” Barrett – Ojibwe Elvis Impersonator
– My Living Will – Band/ Music
– Caitlan & Christy – DUO pole performers
– Red Suga – Music
APRIL 26, 2014 filming day:
– Troy Lane – Tattoo artist (Tribal Ink Tattoo)
– Slowcoaster – Band/ Music
– Moe Clark – Poet/ spoken word artist
– Jessie Brown & The Black Divine – Band/ Music
APRIL 30,2014 filming day:
– Tracy Bone – Singer/ song writer (country)
– Maria Osende - Flamenco dancer/ Performer
MAY 1, 2014 filming day:
– Neon Dreams – Music/ band
– El Jones – Halifax Poet Laureate
– Charlie A’Court – blues musician w/ Kev Corbett
- INEZ Jasper – Music
MAY 2, 2014 filming day:
– Irish Mythen – singer/ song writer
– Eastern Eagle – The Candy Show Host DRUM
– Susan Aglukark – Global artist/ Music/ JUNO winner/ Order of Canada
– Rich Aucoin - Music/ symphonic pop
MAY 3, 2014 filming day:
- Iskwe – Music/ singer-song writer
– TO BE DETERMINED
– The Stanfields – music/ Band
– George Leach – music/ singer- song writer/ JUNO award winner
**Please note: Guest list is subject to change. If any changes are required, they will be updated here**
TICKETS TICKETS TICKETS TICKETS email ONLY please.