Hello wonderful people. It has been a little bit of time since I have updated our website but we have much news to bring you. The link above is for a summer campaign, please click on the link and check it out.
CURRENT events/ the Happenings with Candy Palmater:
– Filming all of June 2015 on TRAILER PARK BOYS 10 for Netflix
– Candy Palmater received a Nomination for Best Actor in Supporting Female Role 2015 on FORGIVE ME
– THE CANDY SHOW, National Award winning TV Series has received a Screen Nova Scotia Nomination 2015
– July and August Candy will Guest Host on CBC Radio q for Shad
– Candy performs STANDUP COMEDY at the PAN AM Games in Toronto, Aboriginal Pavilion in July
– WATCH on APTN Friday June 19 as Candy performs COMEDY at the INDSPIRE AWARDS that was filmed earlier this year.
– WATCH on APTN Saturday June 20 AB Day LIVE 2015, live nation broadcast, 2 hour event, entire script written by Candy Palmater.
– Candy will be moving to Toronto, leaving her home in Halifax, on August 1, 2015. Here she will be developing a new radio show of her own on CBC Radio and a NEW national TV show for APTN called Sex & Candy, night time sex talk show.
Thank you for staying tuned in, and be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram under The Candy Show and me Candys Manager.
MUSICIAN: Iskwe from Toronto – don;t miss this artist performance
PERFORMERS: Belly Dancers from Halifax – Monique and Laura
Candy Palmater has MANY exciting projects up and coming, we will post here once they all begin to unfold for you. But more TV shows, radio shows and Guest spots and Comedy gigs coming your way…. stay tuned for more news on this news as we secure all the goodies. Candy did not get the permanent Host seat on CBC Q, however, this means more exciting things are about to happen…….
Hello, good morning, good evening, and Good day fantastic people,
Hope you are enjoying listening to Candy Palmater on CBC Radio One on Studio Q: Please send in your positive comments in support to CBC to have Candy be the permanent Host by emailing: [email protected] and / or tweet using #Qthefuture and including Candy’s twitter handle @TheCandyShow and @CBCRadioQ
On Tuesday January 27th, 2015 a brand new episode of Season 5 of The Candy Show, national variety award winning Television series in Canada. The Candy Show showcases the best in Canadian Music, entertainment and art and comedy. This includes many Juno Award winners, ECMA winners, APCMA winners, as well as international super stars. 9:30PM EST, or tune in for the previous week’s episode just before the new one, for a full hour of The Candy Show on APTN and APTN HD Channels.
This week coming we have Halifax Poet Laureate El Jones, and you don;t want to miss this incredible piece titled “Pussy”. This new fast paced electronic/ pop band will have you off your seat, Halifax based and soon to become nationally known, Neon Dreams.
The Candy Show is Created/ Written and hosted by Stand up Comedian, Candy Palmater – catch her stand up monologue off the top of each new exciting episode. Tune in Tuesday 9:30PM on APTN.
NO TV – NO worries watch the newest and all the seasons of The Candy Show episodes on line here: http://www.aptn.ca/thecandyshow
photo credit: Stoo Metz – Season 5 principle still photographer
Tune in to APTN and APTN HD channels this Tuesday January 13th, 2015 and catch the powerful vocals of TWO, not one but TWO East Coast Canadian Women in Music. Singer/ Songwriters: Christine Campbell with a solo performance, plus Erin Costelo with her band will entertain you and have you singing long after the episode is over.
Of course you want to catch the brash, sassy Award winning Comedian and TV Star, Candy Palmater perform a monologue off the top of the episode.
HOST/ COMEDIAN: Candy Palmater
MUSIC Guests: Christine Campbell – singer/ songwriter
Wow, what a Season we just filmed in Halifax. The Candy Show Season 5 was a blast, and filled with high energy guests and jammed packed audiences of all walks of like, of all ages and ethnicity. The Candy Show is about love and kindness, and the hilarity of Candy Palmater along with some of Canada’s top Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal musicians and performers. Season 5 is currently in Post Production, the dates are not set for airing yet, but be sure to subscribe to the website to not miss the Season 5 premiering date.
Immediately after filming The Candy Show, the very next day, Candy Palmater has been filming and getting ready for the Massive televised event of the year on APTN (Aboriginal Peoples Television Network), June 21st – National Aboriginal Day. Halifax hosts the big outdoor stage on the waterfront. The event is hosted by Candy Palmater and her Co-Host Don Kelly. Join her for some fun, some Primo entertainment, tons of music – View the official Website here for more information. The Event is FREE BTW, so be there Halifax. The event is live to National TV, for many of you who cannot be there in person, on APTN.
Candy is also on the road for speaking gigs, comedy gigs and more. See her schedule page to see where she is… she might be in your province or country!
One June 21st in Toronto, the Book Launch of 10X10 will be during pride week. Candy is one of the featured Gay celebrities that will be in the 4th annual book. Be sure to head over to the event if you are there. ( Candy may or may not be there – we do not know if she can make it yet). But the book will be for sale.
This month is gearing up to be exciting, hot and fun.
Thank you for reading, subscribing and your on going support. Don;t forget to watch The Candy Show LIFESTYLE YouTube Channel Where there is something to watch for everyone. Beauty, Book Reviews ” Candy Reads” segment, Hauls, Empties, OOTD, Favourites, odd rants, Vlogs, and so much more….. PLEASE SUBSCRIBE and share the channel with your friends. We are aiming for 5000 subscribers by December 31st, 2014. We need your help to fill this goal. It is free and easy to do. Thank you so much.
Until next time, please be kind and love one another.
1. National TV filming and you get to be a part of it for FREE ( as long as you are 19+ ), and you can see yourself on TV when the episode airs, if you happen to be seated in the right place.
2. BEST Canadian Performers, Musicians, Comedy all under one roof – and it is the best price ever – we ask for each ticket holder to bring ONE non-perishable food item for the food bins for FEED NS on site. In return you will receive the BEST in entertainment for the evening/ night while we film in HD for TV.
3. The other awesome fact: We are not STUFFY on set. We want you, the AUDIENCE, to have fun so come prepared to dance, laugh hard, scream when asked and dressed in your craziest, best, or come however you like, just no birthday suits please, the network will not like that. We want you to relax and be with Candy Palmater as she makes you feel warm, welcome and invited into her House to play, and enjoy yourselves. Dance, Laugh, Meet new people.
4. The Candy Show is as proud of it’s audience as it is of its performing guests! Silver Donald Cameron, reporting for The Chronicle Herald, described The Candy Show audience by saying:
“They were young and old; gay and straight; Black, White, Asian and Aboriginal; all brought together by a common taste and attitude”
5. This creatively awesome and most Highly talented bunch of Entertainers will be on set/ stage filming for TV and for you, and it is all FREE. YES, FREE – You can Thank Candy Palmater for this. As the Creator/ Host/ ONLY Writer/ and Producer of The Candy Show – that has garnished her with an ECMA Nomination and the show itself for 2 Canadian Screen Award Nominations, she always wanted her fans and many of her guests fans from across the country to enjoy artists that never come here and at the best price tag, FREE + one non-perishale food item for FEED NS.
TICKETS click here and order. DATES: April 24, 25, 26, 30, May 1, 2, 3 – The Guest list will be released this week, on this website. Make sure you SUBSCRIBE and not miss the update when it is posted.
SEASON 5 Guest LINEUP w/ dates of filming
Thursday April 24th – Derric Starlight – ventriloquist performer
– Erin Costelo – Singer/ song writer lives in Halifax
– Hubert FRancis – singer/ song writer lives in NB
– Brandon Gold – Circus Performer
Friday April 25th – Gerry Big Bear (Ojibwe Elvis impersonator) – performer
– My Living Will – Band in HRM
– Caitlan & Christy – Duo Pole perfomers
– Red “Suga” – Musician
Saturday April 26th – Tattoo Artist – Troy Lane
– Slowcoaster – Band/ Music
– Moe Clark – Metis Poet from Quebec
– Jessie Brown & The Black Divine – band in NS
Wednesday April 30th – Tracy Bone – singer/ songwriter (country)
– Maria Osende – Flamenco performer
Thursday May 1st – Neon Dreams – Music in Halifax
– El JOnes – Halifax Poet Laureate
– Charlie A’Court – w/ kev Corbett
– Inez Jasper – Music
Friday May 2nd – Irish Mythen – singer/ song writer
– Eastern Eagle – Drum
– Susan Aglukark – singer/ Order of Canada/ JUNO award winner
– Rich Aucoin – Music/ performer
Saturday May 3rd – Iskwe – Music
– Deception “A Rock Opera” – performance
– The Stanfields – Band in Halifax
– George Leach – Music/ JUNO Award winner 2014
Season 4 of the hit National Television series, The Candy Show, is currently airing a NEW episode every Wednesday night on APTN & APTN HD channels. If you do not have cable, or TV you can watch the episodes on line at the Network’s website here: The Candy Show on line
The Candy Show is a true Variety TV series. Each 30 minute episode contains Standup comedy, Music Guest and a Performance Guest. The Standup comedy is performed by Candy Palmater. She is the Host/ Creator/ Sole Writer/ Producer of The Candy Show, her Creative brain child. The National TV series showcases Canadian Entertainment to the globe, for those who have satellite can stream the network, however and sadly, The Candy Show is only available to the country of Canada at this point and time.
Candy Palmater is the ONLY First Nation (MiKmaq), Lesbian, Female Comedian with her very own National TV show. Candy’s unigue, refreshing style of comedy is intelligent, funny, brash, bold and fresh in the world of comedy. She is more a dynamic hilarious storyteller, and imbeds issues of the world making her audience think about what she is saying. ( All of Candy’s material is written 100% by Candy alone, no co-writers). ( This goes for both her stand up comedy and her TV series).
Watch a NEW Episode of The Candy Show WEDNESDAY March 12th, 2014 on Aboriginal Peoples Television Network (APTN & APTN HD Channels). 10pm EST/ 11pm AST check your service provider for exact airing time in your area.
COMEDY/ HOST: Candy Palmater
MUSIC Guest: This week is music of Jon Mullane – Canadian Rocker, East Coast Musician and USA rock king.
PERFORMANCE Guest: First Nation traditional Flute player, and a man that wears many hats in the Entertainment world, Jacob Pratt
This Wednesday night watch this NEW episode of The Candy Show on APTN & APTN HD channels; 10pm EST/ 11pm AST
Hosted by Mi’Kmaq (First Nation) Comedian/ Creator/ Writer of The Candy Show, Candy Palmater, and awesome East Coast Music/ Music Nova Scotia Guests. Plus unicyclist like no other performs on set of the National Variety Television series. Smoking performances by First Nation and Inuit female talents of Canada, all under one roof.
MUSIC: East Coast Musicians/ Punk band Like A Motorcycle
PERFORMER: Halifax Circus unicyclist Ian Gallant
HOST/ COMEDIAN: Candy Palmater
Feel the power! High Octane Episode coming your way next week, WEDNESDAY 10pm EST/ 11pm AST
Candy Palmater has been in a world wind of magazines, on the news and is being talked about quite a lot these days. The Star/ Writer of The Candy Show is on fire, Season 2 of The Candy Show airs fall 2011 on Prime time TV on APTN HD and will also be on line at APTN.CA. The complete first season is currently watchable on APTN.CA and also on You Tube for the international fans. Candy played host to 12,000 screaming fans on July 1 and another SOLD out Comedy show at Halifax Casino on July 29, with an unannounced Atlantic Canadian Tour in the works as we speak. Not to mention all the private/ Corporate events she has booked to the end of 2011. Candy Palmater is a rare Comedian in that she writes and delivers her own Comedy, and that includes 100% of The Candy Show. You never know when Candy will be booked in your city.
For bookings and inquiries, please go to the Contact page and send her Manager/ Booking agent an email. We welcome all fans to email us anytime.